Tuesday, July 13, 2010

When I do something, I do it BIG.......

So, I got my results from the HER2 test back today. It was negative. If it was positive, I would have been able to use Herpectin, which is the softer chemo. But now, looks like my chemo treatment will leave me without hair a little longer than expected.

My tumor is now considered a "triple negative aggressive tumor" which I was told "DO NOT LOOK THIS UP ON THE INTERNET!" So, I'll refrain, which will take every inch of willpower in my body, considering I am the Queen of Google.

My Dr is in surgery today, so the results are being faxed to Dr Crow (the oncologist I don't really care for and I'm trying to switch) and she will tell me exactly what that means.

I just know it sucks. It probably means I will have to fight a little bit harder, but I can do it. I am prepared.

Ta-Ta for now.....

7 comments:

  1. I googled it for you.

    Ask about metformin (everyone's favorite type 2 diabetes/PCOS drug). There are promising results with it use as part of the treatment regimen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Googled it, too! It is treatable & still has very good 5-year survival rates compared to a lot of other forms of stupid cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, You have got to check out this blog, http://plbrown.blogspot.com/, to see what a lady did for her friend who has breast cancer and lost all of her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark 16:17,18 - "And these signs shall follow them that believe...if they drink (or inject) any deadly thing (chemo), it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
    (Luke 8:48 NKJV) And He said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace."
    God is your Lord. You belong to Him. God and you are makes you a champion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, so sorry to see this. I know it won't change your determination to kick some ass though. Can't believe this is happening to someone as young as you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good news is that the triple negative is particularly responsive to chemo! Rock your ta-tas, momma, you've got so many prayers heading upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing a strong woman like you can't handle! Lots of love to you, and I am up for some ass-kicking too if you need help! :)
    Terri David

    ReplyDelete