Monday, July 19, 2010

I got "Wired Up" today....

I got my port "installed" today. (no screws, just sutures)

The surgery went fine. Dr Sutton said the catherter went right in directly to the vein it needed to go in, so FOR ONCE MY BODY AND THIS STUPID TUMOR WEREN'T STUBBORN!!!!

The stupid tech that was inserting my IV almost got slapped into next week....luckily for her, she was putting it in my left hand and that's my strong slapping hand. She blew out 2 veins and finally with tears rolling down my eyes from the pain, I requested a new technician who amazingly got it in on the first try....go figure! Ugh...that's only happened twice in 9 times of me having an IV and both times, I never saw that nurse/technician again after that.

So, besides a big bruise on my left hand, and a little bump sticking out of my collarbone, I am doing OK. The port area is a little tender, and it hurts if I touch it, but I imagine that will go away in a few days. Pink killers ease the pain a little bit, so I'm good.

The kids are staying the night at various houses tonight, so I get a little break. I'll get to sleep in tomorrow since Chris will be at work early and NO KIDS! Heck, I might just sleep till noon when I have to get up and shower for my oncologist appt.

Well, I need to get some rest in while I can....

Ta-Ta for now..

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is with you and giving you rest. Please sleep, meditate, listen to positive music and words.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete