Friday, July 9, 2010

Boobies, Second Base, Ta-Ta's, Chi-Chi's and more...

I was drawing a blank as to what to title this post, because it's basically a blah blah blah post....

Today was yet another Dr visit. I went and met with the oncologist, Dr Crow. She seemed nice, but didn't have all the information she needs yet. We are still waiting on the HER2 results (now they say Monday or Tuesday) to determine if Herpectin can be used. My MRI is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Between those and my PETscan next week, they will be able to determine if I am still a stage 3 or if I move to stage 4.....so that's what you can pray with me about between now and then.

Today I got stuck with a needle and they drew 5 vials (thank you veins for cooperating! Usually 2-3 is the limit in my veins before they run dry and I have to continue in the other arm). Had to pee in a cup 5 minutes after I had already gone....LOVE it when that happens... and I got groped, yet again, by someone who was not my husband. Her exact words.... "come on, lift up your shirt and show me those girls". So......that's why the new song is on my blog today. I was thinking to myself "It's a damn good thing you're a Dr and not trying to pick me up at a bar because I'm quite sure I would slap you after that comment...." MEN- promise me that you will never ever use that as a pick up line, please!!!! LOL

A few funny things to share... One of my friends sent me a FB message and said "do you think it's weird that I think of you and then remember to feel myself up?" I laughed out loud and then replied with a famous line from CARS where Lightening McQueen says "I create feelings in people that they themselves didn't know existed". So, have you thought of me and felt yourself up lately??? I hope so!

There was a status update going around FB that said "put this as your status if you or someone you know has been affected by cancer. Here's hoping for a cure in 2010" and it had little hearts in between each word (which I have no idea how to do except to cut and paste) so I posted it as my status, and in the past 12 hours, 26 of my friends on FB have also posted it as their status in my honor. I was totally touched and almost shed a tear. I am still daily amazed by the outpouring of love and support I have.

I found a screenprinter to do my Team Tiffany shirts for guys, so they aren't forced to wear rhinestones in my honor (even though one guy already said he would for me...haha). So, I'm working on a cool tattoo font and something that involves a set of boobs on the front of the shirt....you know...manly shirt...with boobs...you can't go wrong. HAHA. Hopefully the artwork can be finished early next week and I'll post pictures and figure out how to do an order thingy on the side of the blog.

My sister Dolly made these cute yard ribbons on a stake also. I'll include a picture of those also when I figure out the order shopping cart thingy.

These expenses are gonna rack up fast....even with insurance and our extra cancer policy, we will still have quite the credit card bill afterwards, so I'll do what I can to cut corners in some areas of our bills without taking away my kids outlets (dance and sports). I know God will provide everything for us, but we really have to do our part and watch our spending and make sure that no one is being over paid, or double paid. It's a good thing I'm a planner/organizer so I can keep track of all this. One thing I know will save me money.....I don't have to have my hair cut and dyed for quite some time.....that should save a little. Right??? Unfortunately, my wig is not covered under insurance, and I'm clueless as to what they cost. I guess I'll start that research tonight. I start chemo around the 20th, so I have until August 8 to buy one. Also, I think you lose ALL your hair, not just the hair on your head, so that's quite a bit in razor and shaving cream expenses for 6 months of not shaving these giraffe legs of mine! (I am referring to the length of them, NOT the width of them....or I would've chosen an elephant or something......just kidding). Thankfully, being the planner that I am, I had already purchased all the kids school clothes and backpacks, purchased their school supplies through the PTO so all that's left is lunchboxes and new shoes and they are set. We have a garage sale ready to go, we just need a free weekend and we'll make quite a bit. We are totally cleaning house and getting rid of a TON of furniture, so it's high dollar garage sale items, (not candles and vases stuff) and since we keep our stuff in pretty nice condition, I'm hoping we can make a little chunk to help out. Plus, I have a few people interested in my rhinestone business I am selling, so that should help some too. OK, sorry, I was trying to get to a point and got sidetracked with my mental check off list of things to buy/not buy, to do, and bills....oops. That's like when I get on the computer to do something important and I somehow, unbeknownst to me, magically end up on Facebook and 3 hours later I can't remember what I was on the computer for to start with. Gosh, I hate it when that happens.

I was on the phone with our insurance company for over an hour today, 4 different times and got 4 different pieces of information before I finally got the 5th person who knew what he was talking about(ironically, his name was Chris...I think all Chris' are smart by nature). GGgrrrrr, I can't complain much because they do pay well, but man, I feel like asking the person on the other end of the line... "did you go to school? Did you graduate? Do you know how to read? Do you know how to ask for help if you don't know the answer? Do you realize that when people call to inquire about what gets paid during cancer treatment, they may have JUST been diagnosed with cancer and are a little bit emotional and confused and don't really know what to ask?" Yeah, then I'll give them my group number.....ugh. Ok, that's my only complaint so far. Stay positive, Tiffany...stay positive! Ok, I'm done complaining.

As a pround mommy, I know some of you can relate....as I am typing this crap about my insurance "helpers" I got today.... Grayson brought me his potty.....with poopy!!! Don't worry, I'm not gonna pull a Kate Gosselin and take a picture of it...but this is his FIRST poopy in the potty by himself, and he didn't even tell me he had to go!!! Man, if he does it one more time by himself, can I say he is officially potty trained? He just turned 2 a few weeks ago, so that's quite an accomplishment (for a boy)!!!

Ok, and one more funny story and then I'm done.... here is my conversation 5 minutes ago with Brayden (my nearly five year old, as he says)

Brayden: "Mommy, how come you're gonna lose a boob and your hair?"
Me: "Because Mommys boob is sick and that's part of what happens when you get better"
Brayden: "But, I don't want you to look silly when we go in puvlic and you're bald" (yes, I spelled that the way he says it, just like the sandwich shop Suvway)
Me: "It's OK Brayden, I will wear a wig....(confused look) some fake hair on my head so no one will know I'm bald, or I will wear a cute hat"
Brayden: "Mommy, don't you know you have to water your hair and it will grow back? (ding..light bulb above head) Yeah.... lets plant some flowers on your head and water it and you'll have flower hair"

...and he took off into the playroom laughing an evil laugh....

....should I be scared????

Ta-Ta!!!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

    Have you thought about letting us join in your garage sale and letting you keep the profits??? I am up for that!

    Love your sense of humor - kids are too funny!
    We will have to find you a hat with flowers growing out of it! :)~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brayden's positive statement. Maybe watering will help your hair grow back. And Grayson is doing so well with potty training...a blessing.
    I am listening to hear God speaking. I am thankful that God is your River of Life. Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    I affirm that healing is at work in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog page, Just wanted to let you know about the best wig company I have dealt with is Look of Love. They are wonderful to all my clients that have cancer. You can order and send back if they are not right. Most wig co. use so much hair and I usually thin them out for them. They also sell little hair pieces like bang pieces you can sew in a hat or bandana like its peeking out. i have the newest catalog if you can't find them online. Let me know, Love ya Lesa

    ReplyDelete