Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update on MD Anderson

So, I got a really nice phone call from a nurse coordinator today from MD Anderson, and I told her what SIB did and said to me and told her that in my opinion, they were forming a bad name for themselves if this is how they are treating new patients. She was in disbelief that I was told any of that, that I've been given the run around, and in the tone that SIB took with me, and sincerely apologized and said she would definitely address SIB's behavior with the Doctor when he returned. She is checking to see if I can get in with a different oncologist this week and then transfer to Dr Booser when he returns from vacation, or if I should go ahead and start my treatment regimen where I'm at and if it is the same approach they would take, then it shouldn't be a problem for Dr Booser to transfer me over even after one dose of chemo.

She totally understood my anxiety in not waiting anymore because of my age, grade and stage of cancer. I was utterly impressed with her, so I hope she comes through for me. Otherwise, I'll be staying where I'm at.

So, we'll wait for the phone call tomorrow......

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl. I am so glad to hear some really great news so far!! I know you still have a road ahead of you!! But we are all Praying for you!! I love the shirts by the way!! I will place my order in a couple of weeks. Hubby is still laid off so trying to be careful with what I spend! But I am gonna help!! You are in my thougts and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds much better than the previous phone call Another doctor's opinion is always good, & the fact that you could even switch after a dose of chemo is great ~ & completely opposite of what the other lady said. Dumb. Yay for a better phone call!!

    ReplyDelete