Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The gifts that keep on coming....


3.5 Years ago, I joined a birthboard on BabyCenter.com called "charting and infertility". I met a lovely group of women, and we all ended up pregnant after a certain amount of time. This is when I was trying to get pregnant with Grayson. We went through the whole temperature charting, OPK kits, and the whole 9 yards. I ended up getting pregnant after 6 months and the rest all followed (a few before me but had been trying much longer than before I joined.) So, we switched to a different board called "Pregnancy after charting" and have all stayed in touch via computer and Facebook. When I broke the news to them about the cancer, they schemed up a plan and contacted my sister, Dolly, who helped them come up with a gift. The day I got home from my port surgery, I had a box waiting for me on my front porch. I was surprised when I opened it and found a beautiful pink kimono robe and a wonderful book called "When God & Cancer meet". It meant so much to me that those girls cared enough about me, even though we've never met in person, to send me such a thoughtful, warm and loving gift. It is perfect! Just like everything else I've received, I teared up. The outpouring of love is just phenomenal! Michelle, Heather, Heather, Heather, Chris, Jenn, Olivia, Kate, Randi-Lee, Amanda and anyone else who I may have forgotten to personally mention....THANK YOU! Thank you for loving me, standing behind me and my treatment options and for being such genuine people! I love you!
(Also in this picture, modeled by my beautiful "just-woke-up-model" Kaylee is a "chemo-blanket" I received from South Winds baptist Church. (One of my friends from Sunday School has a mother that goes to that church and they all get together and make these for cancer patients) It is a gorgeous, soft, fluffy pink blanket with scripture verses quilted all over it. I took it with me to the port surgery and the nurse said everyone who came by during my recovery kept reading all the scriptures. I love it, and it is that gift that keeps on giving as I'll be able to share some of those verses with my "chemo-neighbors" during my treatments.)




Tuesday, I stopped by my rhinestone vendor to say Hello and show off my new hairdo. Candy has been my vendor of all my rhinestones since the day I started. She has been nothing but helpful in my learning process, and very patient with me. She told me that she picked up something for me and Kaylee on her trip to Dallas last weekend. I was almost in tears as I opened these beautiful matching breast cancer watches for us! We love them! I didn't have a watch that I liked, just some cheapy ones that I picked up here and there, so this is PERFECT! She also told me that my "Team Tiffany" shirts were "on the house". Pressing, screen printing, and even ordering the shirts for me with her normal order so I don't have to pay shipping. So, aside from paying for the blank shirt, the rest of the work is done for me! She is donating the services, and the materials, so that means that 90% of every shirt ordered goes directly towards my treatment! I would have never expected her to do that, nor could I have asked her to do that, but that's the type of person Candy is. She is thoughtful, caring, and always willing to help out a friend. She truly is "sweet as candy". Thank you Candy! (She has more watches, so if anyone wants one, email me and I'll put you in contact with her)
(Kaylee tells me what time it is every 5 minutes now....LOL)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome gifts that warm the heart and build hope and joy. I am so overjoyed at the love pouring out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so blessed to have such great support! How sweet that so many who love you! {ha ha ~ for a moment, I felt like I was back in the 80's watching the "Heathers" movie!!}

    ReplyDelete