Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Calls, Calls, Calls....

I think I have made 12 phone calls today. My hand is cramping from writing everything down. I'm keeping a notebook of everyone I talk to, what my questions were, and the answers. This is making me think too much. I don't like using my brain when I'm tired.

Tired.....ugh. That's an understatement. Leave it to me to be the only person in the world that Ambien doesn't work on. I take it, and I lay in bed for 2-3 hours while my mind is still spinning and consumed with all the tasks I need to accomplish the next day. Things that I have to take care of in order to have all my ducks in a row. Of course, my 3 lovely children ALWAYS get up before 7:30, and this morning I was brutally awakened by a 2 yr old who came in my room to tell me "poop...poop mommy". So, I sprang out of bed, ran him to his room, quickly checked to make sure he hadn't already pooped, yanked down his pants and placed him on his froggy potty. Pee....not poop. I apparently haven't explained the difference in my many times of asking "do you need to go potty?". So, whew, sigh of relief that I didn't have a huge mess to clean up while my bladder was calling out for me to go potty. I'm so thankful this is the last kid to potty train.

So, I called my credit card company to let them know to be expecting lots of medical charges in the upcoming months so they wouldn't call me to verify I hadn't lost my card. (I love that they do that, but it gets annoying) Called on our cancer insurance policy to start the paperwork so I can start getting reimbursed. I just have to say, God was looking out for me when he sent that salesman to my door 6 yrs ago. Who goes out and hunts cancer insurance? Certainly not me. I didn't even know it existed, but I'm sooooo thankful that we have it. It sure will help financially with this battle. Called multiple doctors, asked multiple questions, left multiple messages. At the moment, I'm dealing with 3 different Drs and the breast center. I know those numbers will be increasing, hence the notebook to keep it all straight. I'm bad about remembering names anyways, so this will help a little. I already feel like I've lost my mind trying to keep up with 3 kiddos, schedules, play dates, swim lessons, etc... Now I gotta keep all this straight. I'm thankful that I had bought a desk calendar a few months back (for business reasons) and I'll be putting that to use jotting down which treatments on which days, phone calls to make, whose taking kids off my hands for a few hours, who is coming to vacuum, laundry, etc...

I am overwhelmed with the amount of support I have received. The amount of offers of help with the kids, dinners, and chores from my friends. Even people who I haven't stayed in touch with over the past few years have come forward when they heard the news. It's all so wonderful, much appreciated, and I will be putting lots of helpers to use, I am sure. For now, I am laying low, still absorbing everything, and trying to keep my mind occupied with non-cancer stuff.

Really bummed that I have to bail on our yearly adult river trip this weekend. I was sooo looking forward to the adult time, floating down the river in a toob, (our theme this year was "boobs and toobs" which was intended for a totally different purpose but it took on a new meaning for me) drinking a few adult beverages and watching my friends do things that "stay at the river"....hehe. But, maybe I will have something to look forward for next year.

Well, I have kids begging me to take them outside to play, so I better get up and happily oblige. I would do anything for those kids, even if it means watching them ride their scooters or ride a bike. They are my life, my heart, my soul and my everything!

"God, I will praise you in this storm" (Casting Crowns)

Enjoy the music.....

Ta-Ta!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome and vibrant. I love your organizational attitude. I do believe God's energy is fueling your life totally. God said His grace is sufficient. I do believe God's strong power has pitched a tent in your corner. And with His power comes His authority.
    Go Team Tiffany. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete