Saturday, July 10, 2010

My blog title...

Ok, for those of you who think "ASS" is a bad word, let me clarify why I used that word instead of butt in my blog title.

When I was little (back to the whole southern baptist post and my parent's sheltering) we were not allowed to say even PG rated cusswords. Butt, Fart, etc. So, my crazy mom made us say "Hiney" or "bum" and for a fart.......we had to say "Fluffy". I'm being totally serious!!! Stop laughing! Really.....stop laughing! Sorry mom, nothing about a big juicy fart screams "fluffy" unless you refer to the toxic green cloud emmitted from the "bum". So, I have put my cusswords into categories for me and my children:

PG rated- butt, fart, darn, poop, tallywacker, poonyhat. (My daughter, the firstborn was the one who came up with those nicknames and the last one is the name for girlie bits in case you were wondering)

PG 13rated (the kids aren't allowed to say these till they are over 15)- Ass, Crap, Shit, Piss, Damn- they will rarely hear us say these words in front of them

R rated- the F word, the P word (girliebits), the B word (female dog). I don't allow these in my house or around my kids. We as adults very rarely even use these words. The kids won't be allowed to say them until they are over 18, have completed highschool, and preferably not around me....

So, when I was coming up with my blog title I thought to myself "I'm gonna kick this things butt" but it just didn't pack enough of a punch to sound threatening to me. A picture from the movie "The Christmas Story" popped into my head where someone's glasses got broken.....so Ass just sounded meaner, stronger, and more like ggggggrrrrr ya know?

I can just picture a wimpy kid or someone raised very very Christian like saying to the playground bully "I'm gonna kick your butt" in a little weenie voice and the whole gang laughing at him. But if you say "I'm gonna kick your ASS" and stretch out the word AAASSSS, say it loud, strong and immediately put up your dukes....that playground bully is likely gonna take off running the other way. Put in a little head bob DIVA-like jiggle thing if you are a girl and that should do it!

So, that's why I used the word ASS instead of BUTT. I am growling at the Devil. I am putting up my pink boxing gloves. I am ready for this fight! I am going to kick his ever loving ASS back to hell where he came from......

....and I'm totally OK saying that word when it means I'm gonna KICK ASS!!!

Ta-Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment