Friday, July 23, 2010

Thorn in my side

I got a text today from my good friend Gabbie. She is my BON JOVI BFF. Her and I always buy the new Bon Jovi CD on the day it comes out, we try to go to all the concerts, and anytime we get together, we always happen to somehow manage to get in something about Jon Bon Jovi (referred to here sometimes as JBJ) and his extreme total "hot-ness" factor. That man is next in line on the gorgeous chart right behind my husband. In fact, Chris has even told me that if he dies before me, I have his complete permission to marry Jon Bon Jovi, but no one else....hehehe. Needless to say, I am a Bon Jovi FANATIC to the extreme! JBJ is one hunk of a man. (salivating)

Oh yeah, back to my story... got distracted for a minute by the um...chair in the picture...yeah... that's it.


So, Gabbie says "listen to song 6 on the new cd". Of course, I've heard it before. I've heard it many times, but I've been listening to mostly calming music lately, lots of praise music, and lots of inspirational music...go figure... I immediately went to my iPod app on my pretty pink iPhone and pulled up Bon Jovi's new album "The Circle" and went right to song #6...."thorn in my side".



Now, let me run off on a rabbit trail for a minute... JBJ always knows exactly what I need to hear. He always knows exactly what I need to say, and what I need to be inspired. It's like he reads my thoughts YEARS before I need them and puts them on a CD... JUST FOR ME! I swear! Even at one of his concerts lately, he came out into the audience, stood about 6 rows in front of me, and pointed to me just like he is doing in this picture, YES I WAS THE ONLY ONE HE POINTED TO, and sang "I wanna laaaayyy you down...on a bed of roses...I wanna be just as close as...the Holy Ghost is...and lay you doooooowwwwwnnnn....on a bed of roses". Yep, he sang it to me and only me.... and it was heavenly! (and Chris was a mighty happy man that night.....)


So, even though I've heard this song before, listening to it again made the lyrics ring true in my ears, and brought on a whole new meaning to me. You know how sometimes you can read a scripture verse from the Bible and it means one thing, and you can read it again a year later and it took on a whole new meaning? That's what this song did for me.

Here is the lyrics that I "heard and felt" this time...
"I've been pushed around
Been knocked down
Lost a round or three
Life took a couple of things I loved
When I was too blind to see

BUT I'LL SURVIVE

I gave up on luck but I'm still getting by
Yeah, I'm gonna be alright
You can test my faith
But you can't take my pride
Thorn in my side"



Jon Bon Jovi RAWKS!!!! (unfortunately, I can't add it to my playlist because it's not available on the stupid site I use)

2 comments:

  1. Good lyrics!! I checked, & it's on Grooveshark if you want to add a little widget to your post!

    ReplyDelete