Friday, July 2, 2010

My story

Tuesday, June 29, 2010- my boobs were hurting, so I took off my bra. About an hour later, they were still hurting, so I did a quick massage on the sides to see if that helped. That's when I noticed I had a golf ball size lump on my right breast. I was scared and could do nothing but cry. Chris was worried too. I believe his exact words were "shit honey, that's huge!"

Wednesday, June 30, 2010- woke up this morning, immediately felt my boob and Yep....still there. As soon as the clock turned 8am, I called my OB/GYN doctor. Dr Norton was not available, so I saw her nurse practitioner. She said it could be caused by high levels of caffiene, but sent me to the TOPS breast center right outside her office for a mammogram and ultrasound. (Secretly, I was hoping it was caffiene related. I had just returned from a kid-free, husband-free vacation and drank nothing but beer and diet coke while I was gone)

Thursday, July 1, 2010 - I went first thing for my testing. After the ultrasound, the radiologist went over her findings. She said in addition to the large mass, there is also 2 small masses behind it, about marble size. She also found 4 enlarged lymph nodes. I immediately burst into tears, knowing that it didn't sound good. I've never heard of a benign tumor being more than 1 mass, or having enlarged lymph nodes with it. I know there are probably some cases, but I've personally never heard of any. She scheduled my biopsy for 1pm. After the biopsy was done, I asked her "if this is benign, what types of things could cause this?" to which she responded "honey, I'm not gonna lie or lead you on....I've never seen anything like this that turned out benign". Again.....the tears started flowing. Chris was there with me, and didn't say much. He always has been a man of many words (and I still snicker when I type that sarcastic comment). She called over my OB/GYN and Dr Norton had a terrified look on her face as she called me back to a private room for comforting. She said "Tiffany, you're only 33! You weren't even supposed to start the mammograms until you were 35". She went on to try and comfort me, gave me a hug, and prescribed me some Ambien so I could sleep during the waiting period. She said my results should be in Tuesday morning and I asked her to deliver the news via phone. I knew if she called me and told me to come in, the 45 minute drive would be HORRENDOUS!

So that's where we are...waiting till Tuesday. Praying for the results to be benign. Praying for a miracle, because I know God is capable of it. But, willing to accept whatever the results are, not live in denial but KICK ASS if needed! I have a TON of prayers outpouring for me, and I know the heavens are flooded with prayers for me. (Thanks Mary for those words)

No comments:

Post a Comment