Tuesday, July 6, 2010

OK...time to kick ass!

So, now that I've had some time to process all the information, I am flooded with tons of questions. My Facebook family has been pouring out the love. Not only on my page, but on their own also. That means sooo much to me. My mom has sent me probably 5 emails with links to Dodie Osteen's story, scripture verses, and encouragement, as well as "cancer-friendly foods". Gotta love my little cheerleader. My church family has been great. Milt already called moments after the email went out and prayed with me/for me. All of my "family" (not necessarily all blood family, but my TRUE family...some related and some not) has been so uplifting.

We've told Kaylee portions of it. She is such a worry wart, and I don't want her worrying about me, even though that's hard to do. I'll worry plenty enough for both of us. We told her that Mommy's boobs are sick, and they will probably want to remove them and give me new boobs. (that is one positive thing in this all...I wanted a boob job, just not this way...but at least it's mostly paid for...) I told her I may have to have a treatment that might make all my hair fall out, but that I would be rocking a blinged out scarf, doo-rag, etc or a cute hat. This upset her more than anything because she didn't want me to lose my hair. I told her that I would be willing to lose my hair if it meant I could get better faster for her. I told her my other treatment might make me tired, so I'll be sleeping a lot. I told her only what I knew her 7 yr old mind could process without giving her too much information. But, she sensed something was wrong and when she caught me crying my 4 tears this morning, she asked if the results were good or bad.

We aren't telling the boys anything yet. They are too young and totally obvlious to anything going on. Brayden's just being Brayden, and Grayson is too worried about pee-ing in the potty so he can have his jelly beans. (As I'm typing this post, he brought me his potty full of pee and said "bean-bean peeeese". That's a HUGE accomplishment for him that he went ALL BY HIMSELF for the first time without us telling him to go)

Anyways, thank you everyone who has been and is continuing to pray for me. My phone died at 11am from all the phone calls, texts, and FB posts. Had to recharge! I am keeping my spirits up, and trying not to give myself a pity party, but instead, take things one step at a time. I would thank everyone individually, but honestly, this post would turn into 4 pages long naming off everyone....so please know....I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT! I've even had quite a few people want rhinestone tees with "Team Tiffany" on them....so I'll work on that design in my free time and let you all know when they are available. ;-)

I will end with some positive quotes that have been shared with me, and a few "words of wisdom" and scripture that I have found. I will kick ass and beat this!!!

"It doesn't matter what you've heard...Impossible is not a word...It's just a reason...For someone not to try" from Kutless song What Faith Can Do (thanks mom)

"I'm a survivor, I'm not gonna give up, I'm not gonna stop, I'm gonna work harder, I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it, I will survive, Keep on survivin'!!" from Destiny's Child song "Survivor" which brought on a whole new meaning for me.

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalms 103:3

"I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done." Psalms 118:17

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Jonh 10:10

Ta-Ta for now..... (gotta go clean out the potty...again....I think he's finally getting it!)

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, we just got back from San Antonio.Trip laundry is piled up and the kids are whining that they are hungry, back to reality! I just read the news. :( Just wanted to pop over and let you know I'm putting on my boxing gloves too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete