Thursday, September 2, 2010

What a day....WHAT A DAY!!!

So, the day after Chemo.... I managed to get 6 hours of solid sleep. Not bad, but I still needed a nap at some point today, I just knew it after what was in store for this evening. I got up at 4am, laid in bed for a bit until Chris woke up. Took care of Chris and the kids, got him off to work, and got the kids ready for school. Then I took a quick shower. Have I mentioned that I don't have to shave that often now, so my showers are QUICK! Anyways, back to my day.... dropped the kids off at school, headed to the gym and did my 5K practice run. I didn't think I'd be able to do it because I've only been to the gym 3 times since school started back up, and I took the whole summer off. It's only 3.1 miles, so I got it done in almost 50 minutes flat. (here's my proof!) Also, one of me AFTER my workout. I know, it doesn't look like it, but I did break a tiny sweat. I try and try and the only time I break a sweat is if I work out HARD outside... I did wipe a bit from my brow before I snapped the self portrait with my iPhone... which explains all the blurry-ness and bad lighting... I just figured it would be kind of weird carrying a camera into a gym..... LOL

I ran some, walked some, and I did a hill program because I'm not sure if there are hills in Downtown Houston. I turned on my iPhone and basically ran one song, and walked one song and tried to time it so I was walking the tall hills and running all the rest. So, after my cardio was a success, I went and did a few weights and got Grayson from the daycare there at the gym and headed to the grocery store. I always enjoy doing our weekly grocery shopping with a kid in tow...((being SOOO sarcastic). 1 hour later, we were FINALLY headed home after a muffin and chocolate milk bribe. On the way home, I turned a corner too fast and a glass bottle of pineapple juice toppled over and landed on the glass bottle of apple juice and shattered and spilled all over the back of my car. So, once we got home, I had to vacuum up all that mess, wash the carpet saver mat thingy, and put the groceries up. Then, I finally made Grayson and myself some lunch and put him down for a nap (and then got to eat my cold lunch while I paid a bill and balanced the checkbook). By this time, it was 2:30 so I knew a nap was out of the question because I leave at 3:30 to go get the kids from school. So, I jumped in the shower AGAIN and showered off all my sweatyness from the gym, and noticed the bathroom counters were in need of a quick scrubbing. So, I scrubbed those, finished doing my makeup, and grabbed my wig. (It was raining and it takes FOREVER for a wig to dry, so I knew I didn't want to put it on until we were in the car. Grayson woke up just in time to put his shoes on and we headed out the door. (I put my wig on once we got in the car)


I picked up the kids from school and came back home. Made the kids clean the playroom while I washed the kitchen counters off, emptied their lunch kits and put up shoes. Then, 30 minutes from when we got home, I had to load them all up and drop Kaylee off at dance. We drove back home and I packed us all a "lunch-dinner" to eat in the car. Headed back to dance to get Kaylee, ate our lunch-dinner and waited for her class to let out. Then, we all loaded up and went to Grayson's preschool for Meet the teacher night. (He finally starts preschool next week so I'll have 2 WHOLE.DAYS.OF.ALONE.TIME) We met his teacher and left and got home just in time for the kids to go to bed. WHEW......


So, during all of this, Chris was helping his Granny move and it HAD to be today, of all days. (That's a Saturday story that won't get shared publicly, but it was a tense, stressful situation that had my anxiety levels all up in all sorts of you-know-what)


Less than 24 hours after chemo, 6 hours of sleep, NO NAP, 2 showers, a good day at the gym, lots of errands and chores, and a night of "single mommy" left this girl TIRED and DRAINED! Tomorrow doesn't look any better. We are throwing a "small" family Birthday celebration (keeping it low key and not inviting all our best friends) for Brayden, who turned 5 this week, so I gotta tidy up a bit, vacuum, make cupcakes, spaghetti for 20 (I have a HUGE family....my parents had 7 kids, and we weren't catholic... they just didn't get a TV in their room until the last kid was born...) and go get the kids from school.....all by 3:30....I see no nap in my future for tomorrow either. Do you think I deserve to sleep in on Saturday? I DO!!!!!! I just hope hubby agrees.

I'm not saying all of this to brag...I'm CERTAINLY not a super-mom, but this is a usual day for Tiffany, the Stay-At-Home-Mom to 3 little people who keep her busy.....even when Cancer strikes....

Now, I'm off to bed....and again, It's almost 10pm.....

2 comments:

  1. WHEW! I AM exhausted just reading all you had to do today! I am very thankful for God protecting the guys who helped Granny. I thank God for protecting you today in all of your travels with the kiddos.
    You are amazing.I pray and thank God for continually giving you strength and power, and to sleep well tonight!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just reading it all! I hope you got some sleep last night!

    ReplyDelete