Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Halfway Mark!!!

I'm halfway through Chemo!!! I had Taxol #8 yesterday. That means 4 more rounds of Taxol and 4 rounds of FAC (done in 3 week increments, for a total of 12 weeks). So, all together, I have 16 weeks left of Chemo.

I go Monday for my ultrasound to measure the tumor and see if this is working. I am hoping I get my results that day, or better yet, can tell by looking at the machine and the Dr's expressions if it is shrinking!






My cousin, Russell Sprouts came in Tuesday so he and Chris went with me to chemo while my Aunt Dianne and my mom came out to watch Grayson. We grilled hamburgers and had sweet potato fries when we got home.


Aside from that, we've just been hanging out, chilling, and relaxing all week. Russell and Aunt Dianne leave next Tuesday to go back to Tennessee. (Oh, and apparently he has a girlfriend...sorry ladies...did not know that.)

I'm still not really having any side effects, except that I'm tired and my fingernails and toenails feel like they are lifting, even though they aren't. My meds are working well, so my pain, headaches, and moods have been under control for the past week. Thank goodness.

Raffle tickets are still available for $20 each, or 6/$100. The drawing will be September 24th for a 42" HD TV flat screen.


Also, there is still time to join Team Tiffany! Click on the link to the left to join or donate to the Susan G Komen foundation.

Tee-shirts should be available Tuesday, for those who have ordered, they will ship next week. For those that have not, get yours while they last!!!!


Oh.....and settle an argument for me..... My husband is the biggest smart ass I know. The other day, I gave him a dose of his own medicine and smiled and said "I got my smart-ass-ness from you". He says "you can't catch smart ass" and I say you can..... especially when you've been married to one for 10 years! What do you think?


Ta-Ta!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being halfway there!! I'm glad you're still feeling well overall! I think YOU win the argument! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN catch smart-assness. I am a natural born smart ass, but my husband is a natural born sweet as honey kinda guy. After almost 2 decades of hanging out with me, though, well, he's become a total smart ass. Love it!

    ReplyDelete