Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chemo # 7...lots of visitors


One of my childhood friends, Lisa, came with me today to my chemo. She used to be my neighbor when I lived with my mom, but we were never close. FB and a mutual friend from Jersey reunited us by accident. Turns out, she was moving from Ohio to my town last Thanksgiving, so we've re-connected and realized we have a lot more in common than we had all those years ago in grade school. So, it was a fun day. We are both talkers, so there was not any down time.
This is a close up by accident, but I liked the way we both looked so I posted it too.
This is a picture of me getting my weekly "drippings" with my wig on.....
I finally got to meet Moni. She is one of my "big sisters" in this process as she is quite a few weeks ahead of me in the process. I was blessed enough to meet her through a friend at church and we have identical cancer, except hers is genetic, and mine is not. We are both triple negative cancers, stage 3. She had complete response to chemo, and when they did her mastectomy, they told her that was very rare, so I am holding out hope that I have the same results also. We decided to take bald pictures together....because the opportunity is not around for that often...and we are both totally cool with a bald/short hair head.... I think we both rock it out bald (even though she's not technically bald anymore, she has short hair)...... She's is beautiful, inside and out and I have enjoyed our FB chats, our family feud war, and all the tips and advice she's given me along the way.

Pre- "wig stripping" picture....


Another picture of my drippings, but sans wig. (apparently I was looking up too far to take the "self portrait" so my head is very wrinkled....that's not normal...just for the record...)
I also got to chat a little bit with Shawna, Logan's mom. She was there getting Logan checked in for her last treatment (fingers crossed). Logan was enjoying coffee with her Dad, so it was just Shawna, but super sweet that she dropped by to say Hi. I always love that I can have my little support group that has actually "been there, done that" and can relate to my conversations. It's so funny that we can just quote these long names of our chemo regimen like it's a Bible Verse or something. It took me forever to learn Guafenesin, and I'm still working on the correct pronunciation of that phenylketonurics.....but gosh darn it, I can tell you what FAC stands for in one breath....
So, lots of visitors, a great nurse, and over all, another awesome visit at the magical MD Anderson.
I kicked butt, as usual....don't expect any side effects, and I will fight them off if I do. So, I won this round too. Still score of Taxol: ZERO, Tiffany: 7 !!!!
Ta-Ta for now.




3 comments:

  1. You had a good day with encouraging sweet people visits. God's is so great. I am glad you were able to meet Moni and Logan's family. I pray God's richest blessings on you all.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman! I thank God that you have come into my life. It was such a great feeling to finally be able to give you a hug!! Keep up the good fight -- you are winning!! Love you!!

    Blessings,

    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new friends! I've "met" some amazing people along our journey, too, though I haven't had the chance to meet them in real life yet! I'm so glad you've done so well through your treatments!!

    ReplyDelete