Monday, September 20, 2010

Good News Monday

First things first.... I had my ultrasound today. After a night of almost NO sleep, worrying about the test, fearing a bad dream, and having anxiety, I woke up this morning at 5:30am and hit the road....TIRED. I arrived at MD Anderson finally, and checked in for my exam. I had a few minutes to relax before they called me back. It's such a long corridor to the ultrasound room when you're saying one last prayer, but I prayed the whole way down the hall. So, after about 15 minutes of scanning, the ultrasound tech said the radiologist would be in shortly. The radiologist came in and said the tumor was being responsive to the chemo!! Originally, my tumor was measuring about 4.1cm and today it was measuring around 3.1cm and also breaking into fragments and dissolving. She also said the lymph node (single...not plural?) was shrinking as well. (They originally told me about 4-5 lymph nodes were affected and she said NODE without the S.... so I'm not sure if I only have one affected now, or if there are still more...)

yeah...I did a happy dance....

...and then headed home to sleep.

Secondly.....I heard 3 times this week that people suffer from withdrawal if I don't post every day. I'm SORRY!!! :-) I love you, but my cousin has been in town and I've barely even gotten on the computer during his visit. I'll try and make it up to you this week...okay? He is leaving tomorrow. We are sad. Grayson has really become attached to him and stole his heart. Russell has been pushing him on the swing, and watching TV with Grayson snuggled up next to him. It's super cute. Grayson has that effect on people...I think it's his cheeks. I often use one of Lightning McQueen's lines from CARS to describe Grayson's cuteness.... "I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand". He brings out those feelings in others, and I think if Russell could take him home with him, he would. All the kids have really taken to him and I think they might cry when Russell leaves. But, we've had a good time and made some great memories.

So I go for my next Dr Appt with Dr Theriault this Thursday, followed by chemo. They had to move it to Thursday this time because he is only in the clinic on Mondays and Thursdays and he was booked for today and he has to write my orders for Taxol before I can receive another dose...so Thursday it is! My Dad is going to take me to that one since it's a late afternoon appointment. It has totally thrown off my whole week though. Now I have to find something to do on Wednesday...with Grayson in tow. Maybe I'll feel good enough to clean??? Nah.....probably not... hehehe ;-)

Ta-Ta- till tomorrow....

4 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop! I'm so glad to hear the great news from the radiologist!! I'm glad you've had a good time with your cousin!

    On another note, I have a friend who works for a plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast reconstruction for MDA patients. Also, she knows a good surgeon for the mastectomy. If you already know who you're using, you can disregard this! But if you'd like their names/numbers, I'd be happy to give them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen!!! Tiffany I am so glad to hear the wonderful news about your tumor shrinking, breaking up and dissolving!!!!Amen!! Amen!!!Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so glad to see the great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thanks for the update!

    Terri David

    ReplyDelete