Monday, August 23, 2010

It's nothing but GOD

Today, I had an appointment at MDAnderson for a followup checkup. The visit yielded nothing new to talk about, except that the lump they found in my last mammogram came back as non-cancerous. YAY! (This was the one they found at MDA that brought on the 3rd biopsy on their machine)

But, today I got to meet Logan face to face. Let me tell you about Logan..... Years and years ago, I went to school with a girl named Shawna. We weren't very close, didn't know each other very well, but she has an unforgettable face. When I was in the hospital having Grayson, the hospital photographer came in to take his pictures. Lo and behold, it was Shawna. I didn't recognize her at first, but she had to come back a second time because I was nursing Grayson when she came originally to take his pictures. So, the whole time I was waiting for her to return, I thought she looked familiar. I put 2 and 2 together and asked if she went to the same middle school as me. She said yes and we caught up a little bit. Almost a yr later, we re-connected on facebook. I wasn't looking for her, she wasn't looking for me, but she happened to post on someone else's page and I remembered her and sent her a friend request, which she accepted. We emailed back and forth a little bit about Grayson and his surgery, and also for my inquiries of becoming a surrogate (which now is out of the question). But, I believe God re-connected Shawna and I at a more perfect time. You see, her 13 yr old daughter Logan was recently diagnosed with a germ-cell tumor about the same time as I got diagnosed with Breast Cancer. We've been both fighting a similar situation, but on a different level. It's so difficult to watch your child go through something so traumatic, but Logan has that fighter spirit in her, just like I do. Shawna says it helps her to know that her daughter is fighting so hard. Logan and I are both at MDA and we usually have chemo on the same days. Logan's got delayed this last time due to blood counts, so we didn't get to meet up last Wednesday. Logan put a hot pink streak in her hair just like I did before it fell out and her and her Daddy had a similar "shaving" situation as Chris and I did, almost on the same day. Logan is one of the strongest 13 yr olds I have ever met. You can read her story here.

Logan is such a sweet girl, who loves to cheer and has a wonderful personality. Her story is so touching to me and I hope we continue to stay in contact over the years. Read her story and you will be touched, just as I was.

So, it was a great day at MDA but for much different reasons. I'm glad I got to meet her and say HI in person. I know God puts people together for seasons, and for a reason, and I believe in my heart that he re-connected Shawna and I at the most perfect time and I am thankful for that.

Love ya Logan! Hang in there!

Your "Big Cancer Sister",
Tiffany

3 comments:

  1. I read Psalm 91 & Psalm 34:4 over you and Logan.
    God bless you and let His face shine upon you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about Logan. I feel for her & her family. I simply can't imagine what Shawna is going through. I'm adding them to my prayer list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tiffany, everytime I tell someone of Logans journey, I tell them about yours as well. I'm so glad that you were able to make that long hike from the other side to come see us that day!! I had spoke so much about you to Logan and how we met again a few years back. You both inspire me in so many ways!! We Love you Tiffany!!! Thank you for sharing Logans story with your friends and family!!

    ReplyDelete