Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chemo round 2....

Yesterday was round 2 of Taxol. I did awesome! I really just feel like I am getting a saline drip. Aside from a minor local reaction that looked like a few mosquito bites and itched, I did very well. They kept me an extra 45 minutes and gave me a benadryl but they were already subsiding as we were waiting on pharmacy to hand out the pill to my nurse. Knowing me and my stupid allergies, I'm probably allergic to some part of Taxol, but only 10 more to go of those!
So, score is: Tiffany 2....Chemo ZERO!!!

I actually slept 6 hrs last night, which was good compared to last week's 30 minutes of sleep. I remembered to take my sleeping pills when I got home and by 10pm, I was in bed. I woke up at 4am and did some computer work, answered a few emails and looked up a few things I've been meaning to look up but always forget. Balanced the checkbook (OUCH!) and had 2 cups of coffee before the boys woke up. (Kaylee was at a sleepover so they actually slept in because she's sooo noisy when she gets up) Then, I showered and went and had my complimentary massage from my friend and massage therapist Stefanie Stutts. (It was fantastic!) She is hooking me up during my treatments when I need one.

So, all in all, it was a great week! I got a lot accomplished, felt less stressed and I definitely do not look like a girl going through chemo. Now, having said that, I know I have harder days ahead of me, and I will at some point be having hard days or nights, possibly getting sick, but right now, for today...in the moment.... I am feeling great! So, for that......I am thankful!



Me getting ready to leave the house for Round 2....


All hooked up and ready for my "drippings"



Doing my Sudoku puzzles, courtesy of my friend Kelly Ahlberg.




My "Fighting Coach" and handsome, sexy husband Chris.

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I pictured it from the beginning, keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful Tiffany, I am inspired! Donna T. (zebra lady) told me about your blog and I check in ever so often. You rock!!! God bless you!
    -Brandi T (zebra ladys daugther in law)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally I could read your blog and catch up on recent events. So glad you're at a great hospital and are already in treatment, and doing so well with them. You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandi! It's been a while.... since Krogers when you were pregnant! Now the baby is probably already one.... You commented at almost the same time Donna was sending me an email. Got them both in my inbox almost simultaneously. Very refreshing and encouraging! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete