Saturday, August 28, 2010

I figured out my pattern...

Wednesday's chemo was easy-breezy. (come on, you know you're singing "....beautiful...cover girl") I have finally figured out my rhythm and patterns to my side effects. Even though minimal, I do get a few.

So, here goes:
Wednesday: Chemo day....WIRED, chatty, and can't sleep well, even after sleeping pills.

Thursday: TIRED and can't usually sleep much because....I'm a Mom first, and I have kids.

Friday: EVEN MORE TIRED because I still haven't caught up on my 3-5 hrs of sleep from
Wednesday night, even though I nap when Grayson does. Headaches start to set in on Friday night. Toe tingling and numbing sets in.

Saturday: ACHY knees, achy joints, and sore neck. (Probably from holding up this big ol' head of mine) I get exhausted easily and can only handle about 4 hours of errands, or fun time before needing a nap. I also get a little irritable on this day. Not bad, but probably because I'm tired and cranky and don't feel like "myself". Headaches become a little more intense. Toe tingling extreme. Can't feel my toes usually and my toenails hurt.

Sunday: TIRED...TIRED....TIRED.... I can't say it enough. It's all I can do to muster up enough energy to go to church, and after Sunday School..... I am ready to go home and nap the day away. Headaches start to go away, and joint pains start to go away. Toe tingling is minimal.

Monday and Tuesday are my 2 "normal" days. Repeat process.....

Also, in case any of you are curious......LOSING HAIR MAKES YOUR FREAKING HEAD HURT!!! Yes, I know...yelling (in caps) doesn't make it any better, but I do feel better now saying it. I can't even explain the feeling. It's not like "pre-cancer" when I would lose a few strands, or even after I gave birth and lost quite a bit. My scalp feels like my hair has been in a ponytail ALL DAY LONG and hurts. Then, the little stubblies that are left are poking my head and whether I wear a scarf or my wig, they poke me. If I lay down (like to take that much needed nap) it hurts even more. It feels like I'm laying on a porcupine. Night caps, and I'm not talking about a shot glass of liquor before bed kind of night cap, the hair loss nightcaps.......they don't help. I've tried that. It also just hurts to touch my head. It feels like I'm poking a jello mold or something. My head is soft and mushy, but then prickly and hard at the same time.....I know that doesn't make sense unless you've lost your hair to chemo before. I just never knew it actually hurt to lose hair....it's dead already...that makes no sense to me.

I made it back to the gym this week! YAY! I only went 2 days, but it is a start. I actually RAN on the treadmill Thursday...the day after chemo. Not for a long time, but I RAN....at 5.0 speed ON AN INCLINE of 5.0 ....so who cares for how long...right? (it was over 5 minutes....just not gonna say how much over 5 minutes) I also did enough weights that I actually made my abs sore....(which needed it BAD). I guess you could say I'm "in training" for the Susan G Komen race on October 2nd, so I gotta keep it up so I can do the whole 5K without getting too winded....or throwing up, or passing out. HAHAHAHA (Hope my team is ready.....)

♥ We celebrated our 10 yr anniversary last weekend. I have the best husband in the world. He is really freakin' awesome and does so much for our family. I don't think I'd have half the strength I have today if it weren't for his big shoulders to cry on, or his muscular arms to pick me up when I'm falling down. We have so many memories, so many laughs, and so many fun times together. I'm so glad he chose me, and I'm so glad I said YES! ♥♥ Happy Anniversary Babe! ♥♥



Finally, this picture CRACKED me up so I had to share.... my friend Amy sent me a box of goodies and this hat was in it. Grayson (my 2 yr old) put it on and was wearing it around the house, he WANTED me to take his picture and was so proud of his hat. But....I had a friend come over later that day, and I told him to go answer the door with his hat on....he looked out the window next to the door, stripped off the hat and threw it down before he answered the door....he was embarrassed because the friend had her (7 and 9 yr old) daughters with her..... it's already starting...



I know....He is beautiful!!!He melts my heart.

"TEAM TIFFANY" SHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE TO ORDER! BE SURE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER BY CLICKING HERE.

RAFFLE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE TILL SEPTEMBER 23. WYMAN GORDON IS RAFFLING OFF A 42" FLAT SCREEN HDTV. TICKETS ARE $20 EACH OR 6/$100 . EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT ANY.

SUSAN G KOMEN RACE FOR THE CURE IS OCTOBER 2ND. JOIN MY TEAM AND WALK, OR MAKE A DONATION TO THE SUSAN G KOMEN FOUNDATION BY CLICKING HERE. ANY AMOUNT IS ACCEPTABLE. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE $25, YOU CAN DONATE $10 IF YOU WANT..... I'M HALFWAY TO MY FUNDRAISING GOAL!

Ta-Ta for now....



1 comment:

  1. Now I have more specific ways to pray for you each day! Grayson is just too cute!! :) {well, all 3 of your kids are!!}

    ReplyDelete