Thursday, October 7, 2010

Taxol # 11, only ONE more to go!!!

Well, # 11 of the weekly stuff, and then I head into the harder FAC chemo. That one is given once every 3 weeks x4 injectons, so I have 12 weeks left after next week. It's hard to believe that I have been at MDA for almost 12 weeks. It has flown by. Before I know it, Christmas will be here and I'll be done with Chemo!!! I'm doing well with the treatments, but I am getting nervous about the FAC. That's the one that you always hear about people getting sick on, nausea, vomitting, etc. I'm really hoping and praying that I do well, but its one of those things you don't know until you try it. I never got sick in my pregnancies, just a little empty stomach feeling, so I've got my fingers crossed.


Chris went with me to this chemo. He will be going with me to all 4 of the FAC ones also, but he wanted to come with me since it was one of the last ones. I have a friend taking me next week. Once again, it was a magical day at MD Anderson, and we had a good time. I took my laptop and chatted on Facebook with my cousins and was also multi tasking and setting up a rhinestone design to keep me busy while Chris watched TV.
I got a little hot this treatment, so I stripped off my hat during treatment. Lately, the past few days, I have not been feeling so good. My stomach has been uneasy, and I've been having more hot flashes. Not sure if it's menopause related, chemo related, or just lack of sleep. Since we got up so early Saturday, and had so many errands to run Sunday, I feel like I never caught up on sleep from last weeks treatment.
So, prayer requests for this week are:
1. Pray that I have as good of a time handling the FAC treatments as I have the Taxol.
2. Pray that all my appointments go as planned with the surgeon I meet with October 27.
3. Pray for good sleep and well behaved children! I know it's a stretch, but I need that bad!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're almost done with Taxol! Thanks for the specific prayer requests!

    ReplyDelete