Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm done with Taxol!!!!

I had my last Taxol treatment on 10-13-10. It was a great day! Stefanie, my long time best friend went with me to this one.

I kind of have mixed feelings about it being over. On one hand, I'm very nervous about the FAC that starts next week. I'm nervous that I might get sick, or what else may happen during that one. I'm nervous that my immune system will drop so low and I will get sick during this cold and flu season. BUT, I am so thankful that I don't have to go down there weekly now!



That's been the hardest thing about the weekly visits. Arranging childcare, rides for the kids, and remembering what time to be there. Add Chemo brain to boot and it's no wonder I haven't lost my mind. I'm thankful I had a great calendar to write it all down in, but I hope things are WAY easier to keep up with now.

Aside from a few Dr visits here and there, I only have to do chemo once every 3 weeks now. I go next Thursday for a Dr visit with my oncologist, and then I have a nutritionist appt, and then chemo. I'll be down there ALL day next Thursday. Then, I meet with my surgeon the following week to discuss the Mastectomy and lymph node removal surgery and then I don't have to go back until November 11.


So, I will be done with chemo around December 23 now, which means there is only 12 WEEKS TILL CHRISTMAS!!! I better finish my shopping soon.....SO not like me to be un-prepared this late in the game! hahahahaha

Also, for those who have asked: Here is the FAC and what it stands for.....
F- Fluorouracil (also known as 5-FU, or 5-Fluorouracil)
A- Adriamicin (also known as Doxorubicin)
C- Cytoxan (also known as Cyclophosphamide)

Side effects with these 3 drugs include- Mouth sores, Diarrhea, Low blood counts, Sensitivity to sunlight, Hair loss, fingernail and toenail changes, and Nausea and vomiting. Most of these are the same as the Taxol, except on a more crucial and excessive level. The only side effect I got on the Taxol was the fingernail and toenail issues and the hair loss.  This week my stomach has been more fluttery, and a little crampy, but it's hard to tell if that's from the Taxol or my nerves. My nerves right now are really bad.

So, prayer requests for this next week:
1. That my first FAC treatment goes well and I don't suffer from major side effects.
2. That this stuff works and I have a complete response to the chemo shrinking and/or killing off the tumor.
3. That my children continue to avoid this nasty stomach bug out there and will stay well for me!

Thanks guys! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Whoop whoop! 1/2 way there!! Thanks again for listing out specific ways that we can be praying!

    ReplyDelete