Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm a little lopsided

Surgery went well. It took about 5 hours and they took out a really good margin. My tissue expander is in place but very painful. My throat is extremely dry from the intubation but hopefully it will feel better soon. Pain medicine is working but not 100%. I'm in so much pain that I just don't think it will get down to a 1 on any drug. My pain level is about a 5 and will get down to a 2 once the pills kick in. I just feel like I have an elephant sitting on my chest. I have a burning sensation on my side up by my armpit. They only put in about 300cc's into my expander and it holds 900cc's. So, I have my normal D size booby on the left and I look like a 10 yr old with a bud on the right side. So, I have about a boob and a half, if that.....

They were able to remove my lymph nodes through the same incision so I only have the one scar. I am supposed to start on my exercises today, but I'm in so much pain I don't see that happening. I'll have to get Chris to help me get them done.

I know the pain is temporary, but the thought that I am OFFICIALLY cancer free now that the tumor is gone is a great feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for being cancer free!!! I'm praying for your speedy recovery & that the pain will go away soon! Many of my friends are praying for you, too, including both a brain & breast cancer survivor! They understand your pain more than most of us, so I figure their prayers might be more specific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you ARE superwoman! Posting the day after masectomy surgery? Geesh, lady!

    Celebrating you being 'cancer-free'!!! And praying for a speedy recovery and dulled pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am so proud of you. Thanking God for everything. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete