Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1 week post surgery

I never thought I'd have to stuff my bra. Here I am, 33 years old with a size D cup on one side and barely an A cup on the other. I had a lot of salvageable skin so I am very puckered and one part, right under my arm, looks like it has a butt crack. It's also due to a lot of swelling but it looks funny. So I stuff my bra on one side with gauze (also to protect my incision and keep my lovely bra from rubbing it). Then I have this lovely Velcro belt that holds my drain bulbs and its wrapped around my waist so I look all lumpy and like I have a weird shaped growth under my shirt. It's very attractive, really. (sarcasm eye roll)

Aside from that, I am doing very well. I went in for a post op visit yesterday and they were very happy and impressed with my range of motion in my arm. I can't lift it all the way up yet, but it's getting there. They were going to add more saline in my tissue expander, but I was still too tender so they decided not to. (Thank God!!!) so, next Monday they will add saline and take out one drain tube. The following Monday, they will add more saline and remove the second drain tube. So I'm stuck with these darn drain tubes and major uneven breasts till the 21st. Actually, my breasts will probably be uneven until reconstruction in October but they will be a little closer. Maybe I wont have to stuff my bra much longer. :-)

They also replaced my pain meds. I was on Narco and they kept making me tired and very dizzy. I almost lost my dinner one night from the dizziness so they switched me to Ultracet. Much much better.

So, there is my update. Lopsided, and wrinkled with a butt crack under my arm, but CANCER FREE!!!!! Can't complain.

1 comment:

  1. Way to stay positive!! I just saw on fb that you got good news ~ can't wait to hear it!!

    ReplyDelete