Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting prepared

So, I have had lots of ideas of what to pack in my surgery bag for the hospital. I've been given a deck of cards, chap stick, some chocolate, slippers, lotions, etc... Things I probably would have just gone without, but since I have them in my bag, I'll most likely use them.

My twin cousin, Teresa, is coming in Sunday. I call her my twin cousin because we are SOOOO much alike, we joke that we are twins. We have the same personality, we handle things the same way, we relate to each other, and we don't take shit from people. We are both nice, but Lord have mercy if you piss us off. But at the same time, we are also both very forgiving and don't hold grudges for long. Our only major difference is about 75 pounds and 10 inches difference. She is teeny tiny. I am not. Anyways, she wanted to come and pick up my role for 2 weeks so Chris could concentrate solely on me and my recovery. I am so happy she is coming. I miss her and wish I could see her more often. Can't wait to see her!!!  (She is Russell's mom, my adorable cousin that came in September)

So, since she will be here for 2 weeks, we will have lots of catching up to do, lots of stories to tell, and lots of girl time too, so don't expect too many blog posts till Valentines day or so. I just have to make sure she doesn't pack Grayson in her suitcase to go back home. Too many people want to steal him, not that I blame them, but he is not leaving his mommy's side.

My oldest daughter turns 8.... 2 days after surgery. Trying to get all her birthday stuff in order and make her birthday special, is taking up most of my time right now. 8 is a HUGE year!!! She is one year closer to teen-age years and boobs! YIKES!! For some reason, in girls, the maturity age gap is from 7 to 8. At 7, they are still immature, innocent little girls who like to play dress up and dolls. At 8, they suddenly become maternal, mature, and grown up. Ugh..... I have one weekend left to go get whatever else I need for her Big Day! I ordered cupcakes to be delivered to her dance class that day so her dance team could celebrate with her. Chris is off work that whole week to take care of me, so I'll probably send him up to the school to have lunch with her. I'll give Teresa the recipe for Kaylee's vegan cupcakes and have her make those that day. My only dilemma is that the Wii game we want to get her (Rock Band Country Pack 2) doesn't come out until February 1st, so I'll have to send Chris to fetch that too. I can't order it online because they can't guarantee it will be here by her birthday, 2 days after it's release. So, no big deal, but just something I have to make sure is written down for Chris. Lord knows I won't be thinking straight on all the pain killers, and he won't remember unless it's right in front of him.

My kids are all disbursed out for the day of surgery and the day after, until we get home. Not sure yet what I'm gonna do with the baby, but I will figure it out once Teresa gets here. I want her to be with me at the hospital, so that's one day I am trying to cover childcare. He may have to skip pre-school and stay with another relative. My mom also wants to be at my surgery, and bless her heart, she hasn't been at anything so far because she has been my babysitter, which is where she is called to help. But, her daughter is going to have a boob cut off, and it's only right that she be there for that. My kids are excited to have a 2 night sleep-over with their friends! I'm happy because it will help calm their fears and keep their mind off things.

Chris will be posting surgery updates on my Facebook page that day. I will tell him to post on the blog, but I can't promise you he will remember, or feel comfortable doing it. But, if he doesn't post on here for me, as soon as I'm able to think a little bit and not be all loopy, I will post an update. But, if you're on my FB page, check there for updates. I'm not sure what time my surgery is for. I have to call Monday at 3pm to get the surgery schedule for Tuesday.

Chris will have my phone with him during surgery, but he will also have his phone, so please don't overwhelm the poor man with texts, bless his heart. (He just came around into the techno world and got an iPhone recently, so he is still learning all this new "fan-dangled fancy schmancy shit") I don't think he has any idea how many texts I get on a normal day..... much less on a day where the Heavens are flooded with prayers for me and people thinking of me. He knows I have a lot of friends, but I don't think he knows quite how many.....   ;-)  So, please just check my Facebook page, email me, write on my wall, or leave a comment here if you want to send me a special message. I'll get it, but then he won't feel like he has to respond to every single message.

Lastly, I welcome visitors, but I will also have a lot of post-op appointments, so call first to see if I will be home. Like I said, my cousin will be here for 2 weeks, so I probably won't want a lot of company during that time because we don't get to see each other but about every other year, normally. So, I'll be up her ass and vice versa till she leaves on the 13th. But I imagine I will become a hermit crab for a few weeks after that and not go out much because I'll be trying to let my body heal as much as I can and I don't want to over-do anything, risk popping a stitch and getting an infection, or anything else. So, definitely come keep me company after that. I have a very comfy couch to sit on  :-)

OK, so I think that's about it. I really didn't have anything to blog about, so I was just thinking out loud.

I love you all, and thank you for keeping me and my family in your prayers. I really am quite sure that's why I've done so well thus far, and had such good progress. Thank you for supporting me, helping me, and loving me during this journey. YOU have made it easier!  YOU are the reason I look so good (as in not sick)! YOU are the reason I am always happy! I wish every patient had support like I do.

5 comments:

  1. Love ya Tiffany! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) :) Hell Ya baby girl!!!! See your beautifull face and hug you soooo tight in three days..And for the record I have already paid my baggage fee for little man... lol LOVE YOU BABY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, darling daughter. I am so proud of you and I am so thankful that God has helped you every step of the way. My prayers are with you all continually. I love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're still needing someone to care for Grayson the day of surgery, I'll take him! I haven't been able to provide more than prayer support, but I want to be here for you if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Tiffany!

    RoxyRN from June08...

    Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete