Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New ME..Or not...

So, it's the new year....I know we are supposed to make New Years Resolutions, and I thought long and hard, but there really isn't anything that I need to accomplish, at least not anything within my control. I'd love to lose the weight that I gained during chemo. 24 weeks on steroids wreaked havoc on my body. Add to boot that nothing tasted decent except for BBQ, Chinese food and pasta, and I have quite a few lbs to lose. But, I am not really focusing on that right now...I can't. I still can't wear tennis shoes because my big toenail still hurts, so exercise in flip flops is not really safe. Besides, I have other things to focus on right now besides losing a few lbs. I'll do what I can, but I'm not gonna bust my ass doing it because I'd rather focus on letting my body heal itself.

I've mended all my important relationships, which was one of my resolutions from last year.
I've dropped Diet coke from my daily routine. I haven't had one in almost 6 weeks. That was my other resolution. So, I did good and accomplished my goals for last year, but I got nothing for this year.

I'm not one to make a resolution that I can't keep, like not swearing, or thinking before I speak, or not eating chocolate. Those are just too difficult for me and they wouldn't last. So, I only want to make ones I know I can accomplish.

I found this article online for the top New Years Resolutions and thought they were amusing, but still, nothing grabbed me...

1. Drink Less Alcohol- I don't drink too much anyways, so my occasional drink isn't something I'm willing to give up.

2. Get a Better Education- uuummm, I have 3 small tots and have no time for that...especially when I'm coming up on radiation which is daily for 6 weeks!!!!

3. Get a Better Job- what better job is there than being a SAHM??? (that stands for Stay-At-Home-Mom.....not Stupid-ass-Ho-Motherfucker in case you were wondering)I Love my job!!

4. Get Fit- yeah ok... A little, but I'm not going overboard and setting unrealistic goals for my current situation...

5. Lose Weight-see above

6. Manage Debt- ummm, yeah... I have medical bills....do those count? If not, then my debt is already under control and has been for years.... We stay debt free except for car and house.

7. Manage Stress- yeah, I have a lot of stress at the moment, but we've eliminated as much stress as we possibly can. Some of it just come naturally with Cancer....and relatives.

8. Quit Smoking Now - I did that already. It was one of my resolutions for last year.

9. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle - when our neighborhood offers a recycle pickup, I'd love to recycle, but in my small po-dunk town, the recycle center is only open for like 4 hrs on Wednesday and I don't ever have time to drop it off, or remember to load it in my car.

10. Save Money- see above mentioned medical bills....I'll save next year when hopefully they are all paid off.

11. Take a Trip - already have this planned. For Chris' birthday, since his birthday is 3 days after Christmas (yeah, that sucks) I always spoil him as much as I can. So, since he has been so freaking AMAZING and AWESOME through this "adventure", I bought us a 2 night trip to Dallas at the Gaylord Hotel with all this Cowboys stuff. It's called the ultimate Dallas Cowboys Weekend for the 2011 season and we get to tour the stadium, go to the game with seats down low in the end zone, tailgate parties, and an autograph session with current and alumni players. Football season starts right around our 11th anniversary, and he gets to pick which game he wants to go to, so it's a Birthday and Anniversary gift combined. (I scored 'wife of the year' with that present)

12. Volunteer to Help Others - I already do this, except that right now, I'm kind of on the other side of that curtain... I know I'll resume once I'm done, but right now, it's all I can do to keep up with my own life....

So, as you can see, I don't really have any New Years Resolutions. I'll be cancer free by the end of the year, I'll have new healthy boobs, and I have a bunch of new friends that have come during this journey, so I am already a new ME, and I don't really have anything to change at the moment. I love life, I love my family, I love my friends, I love God and I love me. Life doesn't get much better than that!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand girl...my resolution this year is to get rid of negative people in my life and those who bring negative things in my life. I have Ruematoid Arthritis and Lupus but nothing like cancer, but STRESS causes me to flare up...anyway, I am praying for you and I am right with you on the resolutions...I don't make any I can't keep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! BRILLIANT! THOROUGHLY INSPIRING! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THESE POSITIVE WORDS! YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I met you just that one time I want you to know that i am so in "awe" of you. Renee praise's you all the time and I love hearing how good your doing. You are a survivor, mom, wife and a true hero in my book. Just reading your thoughts and seeing what your going threw makes me wanna be a better person like you are. May God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last two sentences sum it up for me. And really, the fact that you love YOU, is so huge, that deserves it's own kudos. You're rockin' it, sis, and I'm in awe of your incredible attitude through it all. Much love!

    ReplyDelete