Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hell yeah....16 baby!!!!!

Today is my very last chemo. #16 all together. So, I thought I'd post a little 16 tribute to myself, since I am a numbers freak.
1. Today I noticed that I needed to pluck my eyebrows. They are growing back quickly and when I color them in, they look funny because they are growing in all bushy.
2. Today I also had to put on mascara. My eyelashes are short and stubbly but they are thick and beautiful to me!!!!
3. No more steroids after today!!! I've been on steroids since July 29, and today is my last dose of them. Finally my appetite is going to subside and I wont be as hungry. YAY!!!
4. I will be starting off the new year a new woman. Chemo will be over with and I'll be feeling good by new years day.
5.I shaved my legs 6 days ago, and I already need to shave again. Even though this is quite a chore for me and I haven't missed it, the thought that I NEED to shave excites me.
6. I woke up this morning with bed head. This completely made my day. When I shaved my head, and then it thinned out almost all the way, I didn't have bed head. EVER. So to wake up with bed head is SUPER EXCITING!!!!
7. I will no longer have to eat off plastic silverware after next week. The metal taste in my mouth will subside in a few days.
8. My taste buds will go back to normal after about 2 weeks and I'll be able to enjoy regular foods and not be so limited as to what tastes good.
9. My clothes will start fitting better as my weight starts to drop off from the steroids. This is really exciting for me.
10. My face will not be as puffy anymore.
11. My glasses won't be tight on my face anymore as the facial swelling goes down.
12. I will have to start allowing more time to get ready since I will have to start actually fixing my hair soon.
13. No more fatigue!!! Hopefully. Fingers crossed
14. My nails will quit lifting and will actually start growing back onto the nail beds.
15. I am one step closer to my awesome tattoo to represent this journey.
16. I'm one step closer to great looking boobies with Dallas Cowboys stars tattooed on instead of nipples. Oh yes.... You read that right. But too bad only a few select people will get to see that.

I am also thankful today for the numerous people who have shared this journey with me. Watching my kids, giving them rides, bringing us delicious food, cleaning for me and Chris when we couldn't keep up or didn't have the energy to do it ourselves,and calling to check on us periodically. I'm also thankful for the financial support we've received from some. It has helped MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!! This is an expensive way to get my boobs, but in the end they will be a healthier pair. We obviously didn't plan or budget for this over the past year and it snuck up on us at a horrible time financially, so this blessing is so totally unexpected, and appreciated.

So, thank you for all sharing this journey with me. Even though I still have MONTHS of crap ahead of me, I think I'm through the worst part of it. I have reason to celebrate this Christmas and I will definitely be starting the new year off right!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. OK, you had me LOL at the Cowboys stars! Yay for no more chemo, and hair, and all the other wonderful things that you mentioned. So many things to be thankful for! I'm glad you have so many positives to end the year with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overjoyed with your progress. And, I am thanking God for everything. Especially for keeping your numbers up on your blood count, as that was one thing I prayed specifically for.
    I am so proud of you! I am so proud of Chris and your kids for going through this part of your journey.
    You are awesome. I love your positive words. I praise God for His shelter over you with love.
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an amazing group of supporters you have - so thanks to them all too! Go Cowboys! ;)

    Terri David

    ReplyDelete