Thursday, August 25, 2011

Follow up to surgery

I went in for my follow up appt today. I got to see the P.A. Today and not Dr G so it was a pretty pleasant visit. She removed my drain tube, so at least I will get to enjoy our 11 year anniversary this weekend. Chris has booked us a weekend at a super nice and beautiful hotel in Houston. He has a few surprises in store for me and I'm glad I don't have to carry that stupid drain bulb and tube with me.

My stitches may come out next week. It depends on how it looks. If it is healed they will remove them, but since the skin is so damaged, they may need to stay in a little longer.

So, aside from that and my 2 oldest starting school (1st grade and 3rd grade) I have had a very nice relaxing week at home. I knocked a bunch of little things off my list. Stuff I could do one handed because I can't really use my right arm. They are afraid it may bust the stitches, so even though my arm functions, I can't use it. That's hard to remember when you feel so motivated to do something.

I'll post more after I get back from our get-away.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you won't have to deal with that on your anniversary! I love that Chris has some surprises in store! :) I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! And I'm glad you're getting some things crossed off your list ~ I love that!

    ReplyDelete