Friday, August 19, 2011

3 surgeries in 32 days?

I'm on my way to the hospital for yet another surgery. It seems that I developed a seroma from last weeks surgery so they have to remove my expander to avoid infection. A seroma is a fluid pocket that is more common after a mastectomy, but not as common in a "necrosis debridement" which is what I had last week when they closed up my hole, or chunk of missing skin. I noticed Wednesday morning that I was really sweaty in my armpit shortly after I started my workout. It was weird because I don't sweat from that arm since they removed all my lymph nodes. I was actually excited because that meant that everything was working correctly even though it's very rare. Well, later that day, I took off my sports bra and noticed it was wet, and so was my skin and my hand where I had just touched my skin. I looked at my incision and noticed something leaking out of it. It looked like a clear fluid but it had a slight tinge of yellow if you wiped it on something white.

I called the ER and they said it wasn't emergent but to come in first thing Thursday morning. I went in and saw the PA and she said it was a seroma and if it is coming out, that means bacteria can also go in through the same opening. So we have to get the expander out before infection sets in. It can set in quickly, and turn deadly quickly, so they put me on the surgery schedule for today. We are on our way down there now.

Please pray for me today. I don't have a lot of trust, faith or respect in this doctor, but the new plastic surgeon I am to see is on Vacation, so I have to let dipshit dr with no bedside manner operate on me. I have faith in God and I trust in God, so I know that he will keep me protected but I am very uptight and stressed about the surgery.

Chris will update my FB and twitter sidebar and I'll try to blog again as soon as I can. I have to tell you all about dipshit dr and what he did to make me switch Drs.

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment