Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meeting with plastic surgeon

So, yesterday I had my meeting with a plastic surgeon. This one was outside of MD Anderson as I wanted to get a second opinion. I was basically told the same thing.....which fucking sucks! Sorry for the foul language, but I'm allowed.

Here is why it sucks. Before cancer, Chris and I had talked about me getting a breast lift and small implants to hold my lift in place. After three kids and weight loss about 5 times over a 10 yr period, my boobs were not pretty once I took off my bra.  I wanted to be able to wear a halter top, or something backless without having to wear a bra. I was gonna have a nice looking rack. I'm sure you all know someone who has had breast reconstructive surgery and they have a nice pair of tits, right? I know quite a few women with pretty, perky, beautiful boobies. A few of my best friends have beautiful ones....I've seen them. Well, now that stupid cancer has come, I am not going to have those same results.

I already had my bubble burst when they told me I could not have the skin sparing mastectomy, that I needed a total mastectomy on the right side. So, I accepted it and found the joy anyways. At least I'd be cancer free. So, the more people I talked to about the TRAM flap or the DIEP flap, which is the procedure that I would have to have done....the more they all recommended it. You get a tummy tuck with the procedure, which sounds even better....right? Well, I've seen numerous pictures, in Dr's offices and online and none of them are pretty without implants. Every breast reconstruction surgery photo that I saw that said "skin sparing with implants" was a beautiful rack. The ones that said "total mastectomy" or "tram flap" or "diep flap" are all ugly saggy boobs. So, it's really hard to find joy in this shit through tear filled eyes trying to find something...anything..... to hang on to.... to say "it's gonna be Ok, Tiffany...You'll have cancer free boobs.....even if they are ugly"

And to think, I was going to pay $8-$10 grand for my beautiful boobs before cancer. Now, I'll be paying about $17-$20 grand for ugly saggy boobs. It's just not fair. It sucks.

If you're curious about this procedure, google "TRAM flap".... or "DIEP flap" and look at the ugly pictures in front of you. Don't say I didn't warn you....

Way to steal my joy.....fucking Cancer!

5 comments:

  1. Tiffany - I would still show them off considering all that you are going through! I wish you had better news and didn't have to go through this. :(

    Love

    Terri David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tiffany, I'm sorry it's not how you had planned. Crappy news. Cancer sucks big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOU, TIFF...SCREW CANCER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand what a disappointment it must be and I hope no one tries to minimize those emotions, but...you sure are gorgeous inside and out, boobs or no boob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with us Meeting with plastic surgeon. Dr. R. Berman is a certified cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgeon in Boca Raton. Find best plastic surgeon in Boca Raton & all of South Florida.

    ReplyDelete