Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reconstruct the reconstruction

Tomorrow is my next surgery. I don't know if I posted it on here or not. I may have forgotten in all my hustle and bustle of back to school.
They are going to do a little liposuction on the puckered ends of my abdomen scar. Basically, if you take a square piece of fabric and cut an almond shape out of the middle, and then sew it into a straight line, it will pucker up at the ends. Well, that's what my waistline did. It almost always happens in this type of reconstruction.
The next part is a small reduction/lift on the left side. Because it used more of my natural breast skin, it still droops a little bit and its a tad bit bigger. I say tad bit... But its pretty noticeable in a lot of shirts. This is the side that had the nasty skin necrosis so it will remove the scar left from that also. The final part is to inject some fat into the right breast... You remember the buttcrack part I mentioned before and posted a picture of... It should be gone tomorrow.
Dr Skoracki feels like this should be my last surgery. I'm really hoping so for 2 reasons.
1. So I can finally close the door for now on this crazy chapter in my book called life.
2. Because you have to allow 6 months between surgeries means another surgery would fall into 2013 which means another $6000 copay. This one is covered 100% because I met my deductible with my April reconstruction. So I pray its my last one.
So, I have to call tonight to get my surgery time. All I know right now is they have me booked for 2.5 hours and its outpatient.
Chris will update my twitter, which shows on my sidebar to the left.. and he will also update my Facebook for my friends and family on that list.

Love to all,
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you today & agreeing with you in prayer that this will be the last one! Love you, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your pain. I pray for you right now for additional strength and relief from the pain. You are beautiful. I love you.

    ReplyDelete