Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Follow up

I had my appointment today with Dr. Skoracki. At first, his PA, Gordon, thought they were gonna do a wound excising in clinic but Dr Skoracki thought my necrosis was healing good so he opted not to touch it and let it heal naturally.

They switched my dressings to a different kind to help slough off the dead skin. So I don't have to do ointment or cream, just this new tape looking stuff with Vaseline on it. They removed the rest of my scabs around my waist, belly button and the right breast and found a few sutures that needed to come out because they didn't dissolve being on the outside.

They told me to start massaging my waist scar to help the scar tissue break up. It feels kinda rope like right now.

Finally, Dr Skoracki also gave us a game plan for the next (and hopefully last) surgery. A little bit of liposuction on the waist where my incisions end. There's a little fat pocket on each side that looks like a muffin top. Also injecting a little fat into my "armpit buttcrack" to even it out and make it look more natural and more like the other one. Lastly, lifting the left breast a little to make it even with the right one. It's a little saggier because it's got more of my breast skin in it than the cancer side.

Didn't get a date but from what he's said before, it's 6-8 months in between the 2 surgeries so probably end of 2012 or early 2013.

I don't have to go back to see him for 2 months unless the skin necrosis gets worse. He told me what to look for but said it shouldn't happen.

So, a good visit and I'm mostly released from everything except they said no to airbrush tanning. Booooo....
Guess I'll be a ghost for a little longer.
:-(
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful report! Sorry about the 'no tan' but you are beautiful anyway. My lovely daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a good visit!!

    ReplyDelete