Friday, April 27, 2012

Surgery mini-re-cap

So, Obviously I made it out of surgery. It was Looooooong.... 15 hours!

I spent 6 days in the hospital, coming home on Easter Sunday, April 8.

Surgery went well, and I intend to post a long blog post about it, but I can't yet sit in a chair for too long or my back hurts, so this post has to be short.

I have 2 boobs, which is the most important thing....and they are healthy!

I also, for the first time in my life, have a flat stomach. I'm still wide, in my opinion, but my side profile is Uh-Ma-Zing!

I did have one issue.... remember how I had some skin necrosis back in August on my cancer side and my expander had to come out..... Yeah....well.... I have it on the left side (non-cancer side) now. At my last post-op, Dr Skoracki said it didn't look like it needed surgery, but he is watching it. It is pretty gross looking. Worst case scenario, it does need to be removed, and a skin graft will be used. Thje left one is a tad bit bigger anyways, so to remove some of it won't be a big deal.

I am about a perky C cup now. (I was a full- saggy D) Not sure if they will still be that big when all the swelling goes down, but we will have to wait and see.

Ok, folks....I am heading to bed now....my back hurts.

I'll write more this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment