Sunday, October 2, 2011

Did ya miss me?

I know, slap my hand....I haven't posted in a while. I meant to, but my 3 kids are wearing me out, plus, I went back to work 2 days a week and then I work out with my trainer 3 days a week, and sleep when I can. My fatigue is still pretty bad these days. If I don't take a nap, I have ZERO energy by the time Chris gets off work...but if I do take a nap, I'm up till midnight and then tired the next day. I can't win. I'm just glad that he helps me out so much in the evenings that I can't take a nap.

So, here's what is new.....

Since my last post, Chris and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary. He booked us a weekend at the Granduca hotel in Houston. He arranged a babysitter, told me what to pack and when I would be leaving and coming back home. He made me an appointment at Facade with Corrine's staff makeup artist. It was so nice to get a change in makeup from what I normally do. Corrine and Chris apparently emailed each other back and forth and come to find out, she did it complimentary after seeing my blog. I didn't get to meet Corrine, but her staff was AMAZING!!! Then, we got in room massages and he made sure it was a massage therapist who specialized in lymphatic massage. Since I can't get my normal deep tissue massage that I love because it re-arranges the lymphatic system, it was very important that the person was trained in lymphatic techniques. We had a few awesome dinners. One was at our FAVORITE "special occasion" restaurant Masraff's. We got to meet the owner Tony on our last visit there. He is such a sweet man. This is the best restaurant we have ever been to! Seriously! The food is delicious, the wait staff is over the top, and the atmosphere is very romantic and modern. So, Chris scored major points with that weekend get-away. It was very nice to "escape" for the weekend.

I met my new plastic surgeon, Dr. Skoraki. I loved him!!! I really think I'll be happy with him. We don't have a game plan in place....we are waiting for my skin to heal from all the trauma this summer. He said he wasn't opposed to putting in another expander to stretch the skin back out before surgery, if he thought my skin could handle it. January is the next time I meet with him, so I get to take a break over the next few months. Plastic surgery probably won't be until April 2012.

I had another appointment with my regular surgeon. I hadn't seen her since my follow-up from my mastectomy. She had a baby and was on maternity leave for a few months so she missed all my drama with Dr G. During this visit, she found a small lump in my left (non-cancer) side. She booked me an ultrasound appt for the next day. She told me that she thought it felt like breast tissue, but since any kind of lump throws up a red flag, she sent me to have it checked out. I have felt this lump before, but it's not always something you can feel. It depends on how soft, or firm my breast tissue is during each part of the month that co-incides with my cycle. Sometimes I can feel it, sometimes I can't. Anyways, I had the ultrasound Thursday and everything looked normal. The radiologist could feel the lump, but when she scanned over it, she saw nothing but breast tissue. So, I got the "all-clear" but still...... this is why I want the other side removed! I refuse to live my life in fear of breast cancer returning, and every lump sends up a red flag. I get lumps all the time, so it's not like one can be dismissed as nothing....every single one has to be checked out. So, I think I won that argument.

That's about it for medical stuff. I think that catches me up for now. I'm a lop-sided mess. I hate having to wear a fake boob. It's so heavy and I'm limited to 3 bra's and a few camisole tops that are made to hold the prosthetic boob so it doesn't sit against your skin. So, I gotta stay on top of laundry. Working out with it is a pain in the ass. But, if I don't have it in, I look really funny!! So, I'll deal with it. I've never been so happy to take off my bra at night till now!!! My bra weighs about 5 pounds with the boob in it. I could seriously hurt someone if I swung it at them!!!

Well, I better head to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow.

Ta-Ta for now!!!!
Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the lump ended up just being breast tissue! I completely understand why you just want it removed! I hope you're able to get the rest that you need, and I'm so glad you have a wonderful husband to help you with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete